Non-urgent advice: Please note
That all consultations with the Doctors or Nurse are by appointment ONLY.
Booking an Appointment
- Telephone 0208 344 9710
- Come into the Surgery during normal surgery hours (8.00am – 6.30pm).
- Online using Patient Access – With Patient Access, you can now view, book and cancel appointments at your local GP surgery from home, work or on the move — wherever you can connect to the internet. What is more, because Patient Access is a 24 hour online service you can do this in your own time, day or night.
Tuesday evening Doctor appointments are available for patients who work and cannot attend during the day. When booking, please tell the receptionist if the appointment is with a Doctor or Nurse and if it is routine, or for a special test, clinic, or immunisation.
Consultations are normally for 10 minutes and for ONE patient ONLY. If more than one member of your family need to see the Doctor please book a separate appointment for each person.
Please arrive on time for your appointment if you arrive late you may be asked to re-schedule the appointment. If you are unable to keep an appointment please let the receptionist know as soon as possible so that the appointment can be allocated to another patient.
If you need to be seen urgently phone the surgery for an ‘on the day’ urgent appointment.
Please tells us as soon as you can if you can’t make your appointment. Wasted appointments cost the NHS money and affect other patients who need to see a doctor. This surgery publishes do not attend (DNA) data to explain to patients how many appointments are being wasted.
Home visits are only for house bound or seriously ill patients who unable to come to the Practice. Please phone on the same day before 10 am if you require a home visit.
Non-urgent advice: Notice
Do not call the GP surgery unless you need to. The surgery phone lines are facing high demand.
- Please use NHS 111 online tools to see if you can self manage first.
- DO NOT attend the surgery for any reason unless you have been advised to.
- To request telephone consultations/request prescriptions/ check your results, please do so via NHS app
- The identification process can occur completely online and you do not need to come into the surgery to do this.
For patients that are unable to use these online tools, and all self care measures have been exhausted or your symptoms are worsening or you have a significant health concern, please call the surgery. All appointments have been switched to telephone/video consultations and only patients that really need to be seen face to face after being assessed on the phone by a clinician will be.
The practice will continue to have processes to ensure childhood immunisation and other essential care continues.
If you are seen at the surgery your clinician may need to wear gloves, gown and mask so do not be alarmed.