East Enfield Medical Practice understands how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously.
We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
How your information will be used
The surgery collects and uses information that you provide to undertake our duty of care and deliver services to you. Where necessary and legally allowed, in line with data protection and privacy duties, we will share your information with external organisations, commissioned partners and contracted service providers, to support the delivery of care and services to you.
Any information we collect may be used to assist us in improving our services to ensure you get the best possible care and treatment.
We may pass your personal information on to the following organisations or people if they require your information to assist them in the provision of your direct healthcare needs, some of these include;
- Hospital professional
- Other GP’s or doctors
- Nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Any other person that is involves in providing services related to your general healthcare including mental health professionals.
Other people who we may provide your information to are;
- Clinical Commissioning groups
- Local authorities
- Community health services
- Public Health
- For the purposes of complying with the law, eg police, solicitors, insurance companies
- Extended access
- Data extraction by CCG
- Anyone else you have given your consent to, to view or receive your record, or part of your record. Please note if you give another person or organisation consent to access your record, we will need to contact you to verify your consent before we release that record. It is important that you are clear and understand how much and what aspect of your records that you give consent to be disclosed.